#GetOutOfGroundHogDay Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#GetOutOfGroundHogDay Challenge

Today's Dryuary post challenges us to "pay attention to what you love and what you love doing, and spend some time doing it, even if just 5 minutes" and asks us to "share it with others, either through the Dryuary Forum or the private Dryuary Facebook group and tell us more with a few words or photo". It's a nice idea and I thought it warranted a thread of its own so if anyone feels like sharing what they've loved doing today then please post below.

My limit: Women's BTB. Solidarity, sisters!
    My target: Half of that.
    My plan: One drink. Every time. Make it a good one.

I've posted on the MM Private Forum recently about a new espresso gadget I've just acquired (a 9Barista) and I've really been enjoying learning how to get the best out of it and of course sampling the results. After more misses than hits I've just in the last day or two managed to get it "dialed in" and it's now a joy to make high quality espresso at home (no, this isn't an advertisement, it really is something I love). Here's a shot of my latest shot.

Last edited by Nils; 01-15-2021, 12:54 PM.

Comment

That coffee looks great. I wish you could send one over the internet. I just have Nespresso.

I've been re-engaging with some glass work that I do as a hobby. This is a panel I created which I hope to turn into a hanging lamp.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

That's very impressive bigfatpain.

Comment

I tried a new recipe and spatchcocked a chicken. Just plain home cooking, but I realized it had been a while since I tried anything that required reading the directions. It came out well and we will get another good meal out of it, too.

Comment

Nils Love it! #GetOutOfGroundHogDay Challenge

I have been doing a lot of walks, the weather if Florida has been nice and cool, just lovely. Yesterday I did my walk around 4:00pm and try to do a "Mindfulness Walk" there is a Podcast that I particularly like called "Meditative Mind". I have been listening to this when my mind starts racing and thinking about unpleasant things. Love my Podcasts!

Comment

Nils I got spoiled on great coffee, so that's my morning favorite now. Great coffee is honestly more addictive than alcohol. I've always loved walking but not as a regular routine except now and then. When I started cracking down on my health and sobriety in July, I started taking walks through my neighborhood daily, and it's stuck through the winter, except for rainy days I use the treadmill. I listen to podcasts or music, whatever strikes me. When my phone dies, I enjoy the silence too. I am now very fond of getting that blood pumping, talking with the friendly UPS man, waving at nice neighbors, petting cats on my route if they're out sunning, and visiting with all the dogs from a 6 foot leash distance from their owners. I feel like a dog myself now, needing to be walked daily! I guess it's the opposite of getting out of Groundhog Day though, if I do it every day.
              Last edited by Christy Dee; 05-17-2021, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nils View Post
                That's very impressive bigfatpain.
                Thanks Nils!

Comment

I like doing all kinds of things. Been showing my houseplants a little love last few days. Repotting and vacuumed the aphids off my elephant ear plant then wiped it down with Neem oil - kinda like a massage for a plant - Ha! About 2 or 3 days (or nights) a week I need only, like, 5 hours sleep or less. Last night I slept about 5 hours and was up at 3:30am. I usually meditate which is what I did this morning. Cold last night (even here in NC!) so the house was about 60 degrees. Heat set-back kicks on at 5:30. So I put my wool cap on and wrapped in a couple wool blankets and headed upstairs to my fav meditation place/chair. As usual, about 10 minutes into it, Fergus (the cat) comes in and stands in front of the chair and gives his quiet little squeak. As per our routine, I pick him up and put him on my lap. He is a big cat and very warm. I stick my hands under him for warmth and he purrs. I meditate listening to him purr. Life is good.

Comment

PatF I love that your cat is named Fergus. I agree, there is something very therapeutic about being snuggled by a warm cat purring. (Unless you're not a cat person, but I am!) I have a regular morning cuddle "date" with my fluffy cat.
                    Last edited by Christy Dee; 05-17-2021, 07:16 PM.

Comment

20160718_175541065_iOS.jpg

Christy Dee Yes here he is in all his glory! Fergus son of Fergus - his father looked just like him or vice versa. Here is something that happened to me/us (me and DW that is) today. I was out walking couple weeks ago and this young (year old or so) cat just walks up to me and rolls over on his back and I rub his belly. Then he starts following me so I turn around and head back towards home figuring if he is lost I can put him in my garage and try to find his humans. He follows me for a while then runs up a driveway and I figure, OK that's where he lives. Next day I am looking on the neighborhood Nextdoor website and there is a post with his picture. Lots of people, including me, post that they have seen him but nobody claims him or knows who he belongs to. I went looking for him a few times but no luck. Then today he shows up at my front door. I go outside and pick him up and take him to the garage. DW calls our vet and they say bring him over and we will see if he has a chip. I get the carrier and put it on the floor and he just walks right into the carrier. I have never seen a cat do that. Vet says no chip so we make an appointment for Monday for an exam. On closer inspection he has some battle wounds, most notably missing fur and cut on his throat. Something tried to kill him by going for his throat. He has the runs but is pretty clean. If it turns out he has Feline Leukemia or something really bad we will euthanize him but I am hoping he just needs some meds and TLC. I wound up working in the garage for the rest of the day and hanging out with him. My garage is heated and clean, I have a woodworking shop in there. He would follow me and cry and I would pick him up and he would just purr really loudly. I hope we don't have to put him down but if we do I will know that for his last few days he was warm and well fed and loved. I hope to have good news next week - and pictures!

Comment

Working...
                      X