This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Dryuary 2021!

Welcome! For those of you new to Dryuary (our annual "Dry January" event) see our website:
    https://dryuary.org/
    Dryuary is all about not drinking in January - To give yourself a break from alcohol 1/12th of the year!
    And post here, in the Dryuary 2021 Forum, to fortify yourself and to help others!

The Dryuary Administrative Staff

Dryuary was the first time I did a dry 3 three years ago, and I went fully abs/sober in November 2019 after about a year and a half of fits and starts and realizing moderation wouldn't work for me. Looking forward to another round in 2021!
    Last edited by HopeL; 01-10-2021, 02:24 PM.

Comment

HopeL I I will see you there!

Yes, this will be my fourth (!) Dryuary and I am super excited and looking forward to it. This is a great opportunity to take a break from alcohol no matter what your long term goals are, and to evaluate your relationship with it. This year has been my best for non-drinking days, so I know 2021 will be even better and this is a wonderful way to kick-start it.

Comment

I'm gonna try.
        No. I'm gonna do it.
        I can't think of not drinking now during Christmasm with familiy and friends meetings and all the stress that generates. And I'm drinking too much lately, once again after a couple of months moderating to a certain degree.
        But I'm going to stay dry in January. First time in my life I will spend a whole month sober since... since I have memory. Since I was a teenager.
        It's difficult because Christmas season in Spain ends on Januay the sixth with the Three Wise Kings bringing their presents and so on, so it's later than everywhere else. But I'll resist that night!
        I'll come here everyday for inspiration.
        Thank you all!

Comment

I think you'll enjoy Dryuary, AndreaD . I've signed up for it, altho I'm planning a couple deviation days, mainly because the posts are so doggone good. Do listen to the accompanying music, which will get you in the mood before reading the daily post. There are pro writers who contribute too. You can join Dryuary for free, although MM thankfully accepts donations. The Dryuary Team are all volunteers and do a bang-up job with offering posts, NA cocktail suggestions and other tidbits.

Comment

I'm registered. I like reading the inspirational messages even if I don't need them. This means sparkling cider rather than champagne on the 20th, but I can handle that.
            My MM Olympics Page
            http://challenge90.wix.com/skicrazy

Comment

I've signed up! This will be my first Dryuary, although I did a dry 30 this past summer. It was easier than I expected. It's easier to not drink at times than to moderate.
              Looking forward to checking in and seeing how it's going for everyone.
              Bonnie H

Comment

I love that Day 1 of Dryuary landed in my email box at 0001! Just listened to The Zombies This Will be Our Year.....great song choice! I feel the inspiration building. (side note, I typed Zoombies on first pass.....oh my can't shake 2020!)

Happy New Year to you All! Looking forward to our time together over this next month.

Comment

I'm back!!! Hi everyone, had a pretty good year. Drank too much, but this past December I didn't have a total disaster of a drinking session like I did the last two Decembers. Maybe I'm learning something. I did have 2 to 3 AF days a lot of weeks -- not all -- but many. I've mostly been over at the Facebook MM page, just easier to get to and dialogue. Looking forward to my third Dryuary as well... it's not always easy, but it is always worth it.

Comment

Day 1! We are embarking on a month-long adventure together and I couldn't be more excited to be along for the ride! Today's post talks about the importance of teamwork as we learn a new skill, and that it takes a village to help us get back up when we fall. So we hope that you'll check in with us here, or on the Dryuary Forum, and share your trials and triumphs as we learn to change our drinking habits together this month. We're so glad you're here!
                    https://www.amazon.com/Neighbor-Hand.../dp/B01LWICGL6

https://godwalkedintothisbar.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm here too! This will be my 3rd Dryuary. Goodbye 2020 and lets lift our NA glasses to a new year. Looking forward to reading all the Dryuary messages, they always get me through.

Comment

Hooray 2021! This is my 3rd Dryuary. Every year I drink a little less, but it’s time for me to fully abstain. I feel so much better when I do and am tired of going back and forth. So I’m kicking it off with Dryuary and looking forward to all the support from the MM community!

Comment

First Dryuary rodeo. Always seems doable in the morning. When afternoon light fades, well....Anyone else go down with the sun?

Comment

I'm ready for Dryuary 2021. I'm sure there will be tough days because I've been drinking every evening, but I'll drink tea or some some sort of non-alcoholic bubbly. 2020 sucked major lemons, so I'm working towards a happier and less stressful upcoming year. Best wishes to everyone participating!

Comment

blessington usually if I can get that first day done, the next day comes much easier. The author of the book of Atomic Habits says to prepare your environment for success, move the booze to where you can't see it or lock it up, put healthy NA alternatives at eye level in the fridge or in a bowl on the counter so they are there to remind you. Leave post it notes to yourself everywhere, maybe a different reason about why you're doing Dryuary on each one.

And, when the wine witch, vodka vixen, beer buddy, or whiskey wench start whispering to you, post on here so we all can drown out there voices.
                              https://www.amazon.com/Neighbor-Hand.../dp/B01LWICGL6

https://godwalkedintothisbar.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X