Announcement

Collapse

This is a PUBLIC Forum

Dryuary 2020 is a Public Forum - Only Registered Users can post, but anyone can view the Forum contents.
See more
See less

Lucky Day 13!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky Day 13!

Do you feel uncomfortable telling others that you're not drinking? Has anyone tried to talk you into drinking or gotten pissed off because you're not.

Back before my absing stuck, my friends got so used to me quitting for short periods, they'd just roll their eyes and say, "Here she goes again" but in the beginning I had friends who let me know they were disappointed and they'd try to talk me out of it and they usually succeeded. See, I was the girl who was always drinking and drinking too much, so when my friends wanted to drink as much as they wanted without judgement from others, I was their gal! They knew I could't judge them because I always drank more than them.
    https://www.amazon.com/Neighbor-Hand.../dp/B01LWICGL6

https://godwalkedintothisbar.blogspot.com

Apparently it is very trendy and chic to do Dry January. My friends are impressed that I’ve taken on this challenge, definitely makes my journey easier!

Comment

After years of being on and off the wagon, saying Dryaury is easy. It is the folks here that make the journey potentially a doable thing for me. I no longer get the "there he goes again" since I have been delaying the start when I go out for a long time now. So just a good luck to all, best wishes in your journey and be well.

Comment

kary may - This is a good question. I do feel uncomfortable, though it does seem like more of my friends are doing Dry January this year. And then again, some aren’t.

Comment

I hear more and more people are doing Dryuary, but not the family or friends I drink with the most. It does make it easier, having a well-known thing going on, instead of just doing it alone. I would say, though, that it gets easier and easier to just say no thanks. People get used to hearing you saying it after awhile.

Comment

I just tell them I am doing a whole body reset, which includes watching carbs, sugar, fat, alcohol, etc...I'm a pretty healthy eater most of the months anyway so it's not a far stretch for them to believe it. I think sometimes people think I have a problem but the older I get, the less Effs I give what they think.

Comment

Working...
            X